Private Instruction Policies
- An interview is required prior to acceptation. After evaluation, a class level will be assigned to the student. Class length is determined by the instructor based on class requirements.
- Lessons are billed on a monthly basis. Tuition is to be paid in full by the 1st of the month whether or not all lessons are attended.
- Cancellation notice must be given to the Academy at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson. Make-Up lesson must be scheduled within 21 days of the original cancelled lesson date otherwise the lesson credit will be void.
- Payment for a lesson cancelled by the student cannot be transferred to the next billing cycle.
- "No-Shows", lessons cancelled less than 24 hours before appointment time (including cancellations due to sickness) cannot be made up.
- If your lesson is cancelled by the instructor, a make-up lesson will be provided by the Academy. As an alternative, lesson credit can be forwarded to the next billing cycle.
- The student must arrive to his/her lesson on time. In deference to subsequent private students, lessons will end on schedule without overtime.
- Except for the first lesson, parents are not allowed to sit in class.
- The Academy reserves the right to discontinue lessons in case of lack of interest, frequent absence and / or tardiness, behavioral problems or failure to abide by Academy policies.
- A Piano or Keyboard is required for home practice.